In 1727, J. S. Bach drew church congregations into the drama of Christ’s suffering and death through his monumental composition, the St. Matthew Passion. Today, Russian Orthodox Christian composer and churchman Metropolitan Hilarion Alfeyev is offering the post-modern world a corresponding experience with his fresh and original St. Matthew Passion,a profound piece of sacred concert music that combines Gospel narrative with liturgical texts of the Orthodox Church. Go here for more info.
- Reeves Helps to Organize Chamber Concert of Pärt’s Music as Part of New York Live Arts festival on April 16, 2015. April 16, 2015
- The “Light of the World” Returns to William Jewell March 16, 2015
- Dr. Nicholas Reeves, Lectured at Westminster Choir College in Princeton, NJ, Speaking on the Spiritual Foundations of Composer Arvo Pärt’s Music September 24, 2014
- Reeves Organizes Sold-Out Concert at Carnegie Hall for the Arvo Pärt Project. May 31, 2014
- Multimedia Musical Work by Dr. Nicholas Reeves Premieres at William Jewell College February 10, 2013